Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 19:35:46 -0400
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
To:        Klaus Werner Krygier <krygier@kph.uni-mainz.de>, adrian@virginia.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers List <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DEC 21140-Ax problems resolved?

>I am using a DEC EtherWORKS adapter DE520-AA with a DEC 21140-AB chip and
>have the same problem. The behaviour is exactly identical as you described.

There is no DE520-AA.  do you mean DE500-XA?

>> 	I have tried using the NetBSD driver as well as the -currrent
>> one.  In both cases the kernel won't compile.  In the -current case, I
>> think I may have missed a crucial file.  The NetBSD may just be to far
>> out of synch.
>
>I have tried to boot NetBSD directly and had the same problems too.

What version of NetBSD?  The driver only went recently.

look at http://www.3am-software.com/ifmedia.html
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message