Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:54:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Miskulin <birdfund@yahoo.com>
To:        "flo@FreeBSD.org" <flo@FreeBSD.org>, "gecko@FreeBSD.org" <gecko@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/164594: www/firefox 9 is broken

Thank you for the quick reply.=A0 Indeed, that appeared to be the issue.=A0=
 For others who may see this (or similar) - =0A=0A=0AMy system has 1GB core=
 and 1GB swap.=A0 Today I did a clean boot and monitored the build.=A0 I en=
abled the same options as yesterday, including the profiling. =0A=0A=0ADuri=
ng the first part of the build, swap use maxed out about 750MB.=A0 Subseque=
ntly, the profile build ran its tests, closed and the new build continued.=
=A0 Watching closely, I saw swap top out at 964MB and then fall off dramati=
cally from that point. =0A=0A=0AI know there was an IM application open las=
t night as well as a few additional xterms.=A0 I'm guessing those were enou=
gh to have pushed the swap usage just over 1GB and thus crash the build. =
=0A=0A=0AOf additional note: =0A=0A=0AWhen I dropped out of X this morning =
and back to the regular console, I did see an out of memory error (or simil=
ar wording to that effect).=A0 This did not show up while running via xterm=
 and I never thought to look at any logs as the profiling build of firefox =
had been successful,=0A=0ATo give a cushion today (as the build takes forev=
er), I prepared a temporary swapfile and enabled that while doing the build=
. =0A=0A=0ABottomline: you need just over 2GB to build the firefox 9 port s=
uccessfully.=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: "flo@Free=
BSD.org" <flo@FreeBSD.org>=0ATo: birdfund@yahoo.com; flo@FreeBSD.org; gecko=
@FreeBSD.org =0ASent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:55 AM=0ASubject: Re: ports=
/164594: www/firefox 9 is broken=0A =0ASynopsis: www/firefox 9 is broken=0A=
=0A=0AThis is usually an indication that you don't have enough free=0Amemor=
y/swap space to build firefox. How much memory does you system=0Ahave?=0A=
=0Ahttp://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D164594