Date:      31 Mar 1998 13:06:45 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6-STABLE perl5 port broken (or is it me)?

Tom <tom@sdf.com> writes:

>   Of course.  It is defined in /usr/include/db.h

Then something's busted in the port cuz the first error occurs in
DB_File.xs which has

    #include "EXTERN.h"
    #include "perl.h"
    #include "XSUB.h"

    #include <db.h>

as the first non-comments in the file, and so does the generated .c file.

Inserting the line from the /usr/include/db.h file

    typedef u_int32_t       recno_t;

into the DB_File.xs causes the generated .c file to compile properly
so something's broken with the CC processing of the .h typedef. But if
it's really CC brain-damage, then I'd expect lots of other typedefs in
.h files to fail spectacularly.

This manual edit gets me through my roadblock but I'm very concerned
about other damage if there's really a CC or .h problem.  Any hints?
Anyone else have this problem?