Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:49:51 -0400
From:      "Joey Mingrone" <joey@mingrone.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problem with fonts after upgrade

Hi,

Over the holidays I decided to upgrade my ports after several months
and everything went well except some fonts in gtk-2 applications seem
to be messed up.  Sorry, I'm not really sure how to explain this
better.  Here is a
screenshot of gkrellm: http://jrm.ath.cx/misc/messed_up_fonts.png

As you can see, the fonts are so large they overlap.  I didn't change
any of my configuration files (xorg.conf, ~/fonts.conf, ~/.gtkrc-2.0,
etc).  Here is the output from /var/log/xorg.log:
http://jrm.ath.cx/misc/Xorg.0.log

It seems as though the usual fonts cannot be rendered so some sort of
defaults are being used.  Are there any logs I should be checking,
looking for a message like "such and such fonts could not be found"?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joey