Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:47:51 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        "vizion communication" <vizion@ixpres.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Annother Wireless network card annother problem

I use a Dlink DWL-520 PCI card with the wi driver and this works just fine.  I
currently use it as a base station (HOSTAP mode) but it also works as a client
(using an Apple base station) or in Ad-Hoc mode.  I've also used the DLink
DWL-650 PCMCIA card in a laptop which also works fine.  These two cards use
the "Prism2.5" chipset and any other Prism2.5-based cards should work as well.

These cards are 11Mpbs 802.11b.  I've been using various 4.x versions,
starting about 4.5.

NB: the (very similar-sounding) DWL-520+ and DWL-650+ (22Mbps) parts are _not_
the same.  They are not Prism2.5 based, and I have no idea if they work in
FreeBSD at all.