Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:17:46 -0700
From:      freebsd@dreamchaser.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware compatibility question: intel e7200 + foxconn g31mg-s mobo

After having been burned with an AMD cpu/mobo combination that wouldn't run
6.x reliabably which I consequently had to sell, I'm going to ask first.

My search of the archives (questions and hardware) came up empty, but that
seems likely given that both say their archive index was last updated clear
back in Feb of 2007, despite the note saying they are updated every 24 hours...

Can anyone vouch for running 6.x or 7.0 on an intel e7200 with a foxconn
g31mg-s mobo?

I was hoping to run this as a low power system but after reading this

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=18410+20569+/usr/local/www/db/text/2008/freebsd-hardware/20080727.freebsd-hardware

and my past experiences I'm a bit concerned unless someone can vouch for it.

Barring that, can someone suggest a low power (particularly when idle) core
2 duo processor mobo combination?

Thanks,

Gary