Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:51:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ed Tootill <tootill@telebase.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        tootill@telebase.com (Ed Tootill)
Subject:   pcnfsd

Help.

I'm having problems with pcnfs mounting a partition from a FreeBSD
machine.

When I attempt to mount an exported file system from BSD using both
"net use G: mach:/a" and intries in the drives.bat file
I get "PCNFS 251F: The NET USE failed with an internal error code of 1007."

When attempt to mount using \nfs\mt command I get:
"Unable to connect to resource '/a' from server <name>.  Reason: authentication
error.  The server is unable to authenticate your username in order to determine
whether or not you have permission to perform. . . "

The Unix PC's have FreeBsd 2.0.5 installed.
The DOS PC's have pcnfs5.1 installed and can mount partitions successfully
from a Solaris machine.
The FreeBSD /etc/exports file is configured correctly since I can mount
the partition to my Linux PC.  I have /etc/netgroup setup to trust the PC's.
I have tried several user ids and all fail.

The pcnfsd is recently compiled from the pcnfs release \src directory.

Questions:
Do I need a special version of pcnfsd for FreeBSD?
What simple part of basic unix security did I miss?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ed