Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 10:22:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Anyone got FreeBSD working a P6?

Jaye Mathisen writes:

> I think this is specifically referring to running windows 3.x and win95.
> Under NT, and other 32bit OS's, it looks like it rocks.  We've ordered a
> board to sample, I'm going to try NT on it first, then FreeBSD, so I
> shoul dhave good news pretty quick.
>
> On Sat, 4 Nov 1995, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > Amancio Hasty Jr. writes:
> > >
> > > I was just reading comp.sys.intel and the 200Mhz P6's performance looks
> > > really cool 8)
> >
> > Don't believe it.  The magazines over here are full of the fact that
> > it's a flop, since it takes forever to change from 32 to 16 bit mode
> > and back again.
> >

> > Whatever that may mean :-)
> > Greg

Sorry, guys, this seems to have been taken seriously.  Until I saw
what Windows 95% was really like, I didn't understand the magazines,
and I didn't realize just how much 16 bit code was still in the market
leader's "Operating System".  I wasn't trying to indicate that FreeBSD
would be affected.

Greg