Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:04:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-free Solaris source code available

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I tried to get this, but they said in order to get it, I had to order it
>     thru the University.  If you aren't staff, you can't get it.
>
> You're probably better off not seeing this.  In order to look at it,
> you'd probably have to sign a nondisclosure agreement, and then you
> would have trouble using what you've learned except to enhance Solaris
> and donate your work to Sun.

That's probably part of the reason I didn't get it.  They sent me a form
which appeared to my legally-innocent mind as innocuous, but I didn't make
any attempt to hide the fact that I do FreeBSD development.  After I
returned the form, they kicked it up to the approval person, whereupon I
was told to get it on University letterhead.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |