Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:26:15 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Web proxy that can cache cookies and rescale images

--nextPart1453220.J7ycBCUEGs

I bought a Nintendo DS Browser (Opera 8.5) recently, and it's really slick=
=20
little device.  However, it has one glaring issue: it won't store passwords=
=20
or cookies across boots so you have to manually log in to every web site=20
each time you turn it on.  So, this makes me wonder if there's any kind of=
=20
web proxy I could install on my FreeBSD server that would cache and re-send=
=20
cookies.

Basically, the idea is that the proxy would have it's own local cookie=20
storage and would re-send any for a domain that the browser itself isn't=20
sending.  For example, if "sess_id=3D12345" is set for .example.com, and th=
e=20
browser requests

    GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.example.com
    Cookie: foo=3Dbar

then the proxy would change that to:

    GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.example.com
    Cookie: foo=3Dbar; sess_id=3D12345

As a given, it'd also have to support some kind of authentication so that a=
=20
given user only gets their own cookies.

Does such a thing exist?  Please help me.  I'm getting hand cramps from=20
pecking out the same logins every time I turn the thing on.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser