Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Irving Popovetsky <irvingp@puck.nether.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Screen Shot

Some of the most impressive screenshots that I have personally seen have
been on the webpages of various Window Managers:

www.enlightenment.org  (enlightenment wm)
www.afterstep.org  (afterstep)
www.kde.org   (the K Desktop environment)

in their screenshots gallieries.  While most of these screenshots were
taken on Linux boxen, its still just XFree86 that they are running, and I
have been able to achieve similar on my FreeBSD box.

But some of those look real pretty, and make just as great of an argument
for us as they do for the linux people, maybe even a better one :)

-Irving

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Adrian T. Filipi-Martin wrote:

> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:22:29 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
> To: Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
> Cc: freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Screen Shot
>
> On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Malartre wrote:
>
> > Hey, I have seen a lot of people who where wanting screen shot.
> > Why not giving them the screen shot on www.freebsd.org?
> >
> > Like a link on the first page to "what freebsd look like"
> >
> > Unix seems strange to new user...
>
> 	Well, I doubt a single screen shot coulw convey much of anything.
> There are just too many things that could be on a FreeBSD display. What
> would it be: X, emacs, the console, quake2, etc.?
>
> 	I suppose one rather impressive image involving FreeBSD is the
> Toshiba Libretto picture from  the PAO project page.  I just love that the
> X11 is runnig on FreeBSD o a computer that is not as deep as the SUN mouse
> next to it.
>
> 	Adrian
> --
> adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
> System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,
> Neurosurgical Visualization Lab ->>| it would be FreeBSD.  Think about it.....
> http://www.nvl.virginia.edu/     ->|      http://www.freebsd.org/

-Irving Popovetsky
 ANS Communications - BigDial Operations Assistant
 Pioneer High School - Webmaster

 grok: /grok/, var. /grohk/ vt. [from the novel "Stranger in a Strange
Land", by Robert A. Heinlein, where it is a Martian word meaning literally
`to drink' and metaphorically `to be one with'] The emphatic form is `grok
in fullness'. 1. To understand, usually in a global sense. Connotes
intimate and exhaustive knowledge.