Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:29:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      marlon corleone <marloncorleone@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   updating from 4.8-RELEASED to 4.8-STABLE

hi to all FreeBSD user. i have a problem about
updating from 4.8-RELEASED to 4.8-STABLE, here's
exactly what i did:

first:  cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile, where my
stable-supfile is located at /root.

2nd: cd /usr/src; make buildworld; make buildkernel
KERNCONF=BUFDAEMON; make installkernel
KERNCONF=BUFDAEMON

3rd: reboot; mergemaster -p; make installworld;
mergemaster; reboot.

after rebooting: i execute uname -a

FreeBSD dvd.ripped.com 4.8-RC FreeBSD 4.8-RC #1: Tue
Apr 18 17:47:27 PHT 2023
ken@dvd.ripped.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BUFDAEMON
i386

AS YOU CAN see, it didnt change to FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE,
anyone has a better idea and direct me the on how to
upgrade it? thanks :)