Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:55:46 -0500
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <lists@webtent.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Downgrade a port

Well, still haven't solved my problem with reaching kern.openfiles limit
since upgrading several packages. I posted that last week and received
some ideas. The /var had several problems, so I went to single user mode
this weekend and cleaned it up, all other parts clean. So, I am now
considering downgrading ports that were upgraded in an attempt to solve
the issue. Stopping and starting Postfix will relieve the issue, if done
every 10 minutes. I have tried 'make deinstall' and reinstalling
Postfix, but this was upgraded from 2.2.x to 2.2.6, very minor. So,
maybe the culprit is amavisd-new. Of all the packages that were upgraded
at the time the problem started, this one was the most major coming from
2.2.1 to 2.3.3. All ports were upgraded via portupgrade, I can't seem to
find how to get 2.2.1 loaded in the ports system, can someone help?

Also, if anyone has another idea on my core issue, I have used lsof and
most files open on the system are of the smtp and smtpd processes.

--
Robert