Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Busby <redtick@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        help help <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ISP questions

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
> Subject: Re: ISP questions
> To: "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 12:56 PM
> >> 4. What kind of hardware and
> software are you running?
> >>=A0 =A0=A0=A0"Can't provide this, due
> to security reasons."
> >
> > That's the stupidest answer I've heard today.
>=20
> It isn't that stupid. As many ISPs admins aren't very good,
> they simply=20
> fear.
>=20
  Yeah, most admins just get to set around and do nothing but answer questi=
ons on mailing lists. =3D) Being short handed, under paid and taking care o=
f the support overflow. The time I get to tell some "supposed" grad student=
/software sales person with a sexy voice. "We don't share that information"=
 makes my day. Just call me paranoid. lol

Locked into contracts with software venders will make you answer "Info Not =
Shared". Unable to make changes while you wait for a patch/fix. "Your the o=
nly one who's found this problem, so we'll wait until the next version to p=
atch this problem.=20

    =20