Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:10:48 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Teledat USB 2 a/b ISDN

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 11:09 +0100, Thomas Schuerger wrote:

> I have a digital/analog ISDN converter called Telekom Teledat
> USB 2 a/b that also contains an ISDN modem. It can either be
> connected using USB or serial line.

You could have asked DeJaNews, this thing is windows-only
hardware.  That fact has been known and published since these
gadgets started being marketed -- but not by the vendors. :<

> Has anyone managed to get it run using FreeBSD? I have FreeBSD
> 4.0-Release.

It runs fine as a PBX and probably serves you well when you
connect a modem to your computer and plug it into the Teledat
device. :)  Alternatively you can plug an ISDN card into your
computer and connect it to the so called "NTBA".

If that's not satisfactory for you, please(!) bug the vendor to
support the platform you want to use it on.  As long as there is
neither support nor information from the vendor any volunteer
simply *cannot* change the situation, no matter how much he would
like to do so.  If bugging the vendor doesn't help, vote with
your wallet and carry your money somewhere else (and tell your
vendor about the fact that you're not satisfied with his
product).

> Any help in setting it up is appreciated!

As I told you, there are endless threads at
http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml, lasting for several years now.
Although it's admittedly not very intuitive to search for
"Teledat" "USB" and "Linux" :>  That's BTW the reason why I'm
sick of this very question -- it has been asked over and over on
de.alt.comm.isdn4linux ...

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net