Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:38:38 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testing MythTV 0.21 - no MPEG hardware cards?

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:39:40 +0100 (CET)
Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at> wrote:

> Good to hear that. With what card and driver have you achived that?

Hauppauge PVR-350, output from pciconf -lv:
cxm0@pci0:2:0:0:        class=0x040000 card=0x40000070 chip=0x08034444 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Conexant Inc (Was: Globespan, ICompression Inc)'
    device     = 'iTVC15/CX23415 MPEG Codec'
    class      = multimedia
    subclass   = video

I am using the pvrxxx driver, this version:
root@kg-quiet# portversion -v | grep pvr
pvrxxx-09042008             <  needs updating (port has 20060822_1)

> > There are still a few problems:
> > - mythtv and mythfromtend core dumps when closing
>
> They always do.

Hopefully that can be fixed; mythfilldatabase also core dumps,
with the effect that the epg in the database isn't updated.

> I'm currently including the patch from usleep and finishing up the
> 0.22 ports to get a call for testers out today.

Cool!
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen