Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:59:05 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Navigating in NIST + clustering

Howdy;

I was around NIST and I noticed their POSIX validation suite is now
available online, and there are some resources for parallel processing
also under FreeBSD also:
____________
Conforming Test suites: (including POSIX)
	http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/software.htm
Parallel Processing:
	http://www.itl.nist.gov/div895/sasg/parallel/index.html#software
____________

There should be a parallel-FreeBSD list to coordinate with PVM and MPICH
users possible ports of Stanford's SUIF and UIUC's Pablo projects...

SUIF:
	http://www-suif.stanford.edu/suif/NCI/suif.html
Pablo:
	http://www-pablo.cs.uiuc.edu/ (look at their new server)

If further motivation is required look at what Linux does:
	http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/C/

I'd really like to see more of this in FreeBSD, (hmm..I only have one
box though ;-).

cheers,
	Pedro.