Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:47:34 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        <jef53313@bayou.uh.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP Problem

I didn't ever have this problem with the previous version of CVSUP.  I use
WindowMaker 0.51.0.  It is easy to reproduce, so I wonder why nobody else
has found this.  I suspect most people use the command line or make update.

Anyway.  On a fresh install, I compiled the XFree86 3.3.3.1 port with Kerb,
MD5, and all security options, also I use the SVGA server and I built the
a.out libraries for compatibility with Netscape and JDK.  I then built the
XFree86-contrib port and then I built the cvsup port.  Nothing special.  It
grabbed all the modula stuff and built it with no errors (that I saw).

The only change from any previous configuration is the cvsup port.  So it
stands to reason that the new change in the cvsup port caused cvsup to break
when invoked as a GUI.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com