Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 20:20:49 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, peter@taronga.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Replacing sendmail (Re: non-root users binding to ports < 1024 (was: Re: BoS: Exploit for sendmail smtpd bug (ver. 8.7-8.8.2

> How does this sound?  The /etc/sysconfig changes (and some minor /etc/rc
> changes for the sendmail case) are nice and straightforward and I'll
> happily do those if this is accepted.

That sounds way too flexible and sensible for me.. :-)

No, seriously, sounds pretty neat just so long as starting sendmail
from /usr/local/etc/rc.d doesn't hose anything - I haven't looked to
see at which stage it's started in /etc/rc, but if there are any
ordering dependencies there then they might hose us.  Just something
to watch for.

					Jordan