Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 08:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: hauppauge and bt848 driver

hi roger,

>> with xtuner i get no sound.
> I dod not think xtuner worked with bt848/bt878 cards.

<duh>  sorreeee.

>> dwm says it works for him.
> Yeah, he said so.

and he is clueful and trustable.

>> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner, msp3400c stereo.
>> Detected a MSP3430G-A1
> I've emailed by friends at Hauppauge to ask if there is anything special
> I need to know about your hardware.

maybe i should buy another card and see if it is the hardware?

> 1) Can you tell me if you really have the FM radio option on your tuner?

how can i tell?

but it is not getting, or is misgetting, tv sound with fxtv.  so it is the
sound which has me suspicious.

> 2) You can stop issuing the sysctls of hw.bt848.card and hw.bt848.tuner.
> You do not need them on Hauppauge cards.

yup.  dwm had asked me to just to eliminate that possibility.

> I'll get back to you once I have spoken to Hauppauge.

really appreciated.

randy