Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:57:40 -0800
From:      Catherine Liao <catherine.liao@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   read -1 errno 35 Resource temporarily unavailable

Greetings,

I have encountered a problem on my FreeBSD that I cannot seem to=20
resolve. The problem started with my install of postfix/sendmail=20
reporting "postfix/sendmail[56108]: fatal: <username>(1001): error=20
writing queue file: Broken pipe". Through ktrace, I was able to=20
identify the an EAGAIN error: read -1 errno 35 Resource temporarily=20
unavailable. The folks on the postfix suggested that I should do a=20
kernel upgrade, which I was able to complete (5.2 -> 5.4). However,=20
the EAGAIN problem with postfix/sendmail still hasn't gone away.=20
Further more, mutt is now having troubles. When opening mutt, it=20
hangs on opening the user's mailbox under /var/mail/. ktrace shows:=20
read -1 errno 35 Resource temporarily unavailable.

I'm not sure what I should do next. Can you provide me with advise /=20
pointers on how to go about to do further troubleshooting or how to=20
resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Catherine