Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 02:49:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
To:        Chris Hill <jchill@dgsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install *actually* friendly

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Chris Hill wrote:

[blah blah blah]

> >however one does need to have access to a working
> >system to create a boot floppy on.
>
> A working *DOS* system. Quite true, and easy enough to work around.

The basic install docs actually tell you how to do it several ways,
including using dd.  My first fbsd 2.2.2 machine was done with a set of
disks I dd'd under Solaris 2.6 x86 (pre-release, as I was working on it @
Sun).  I did a far earlier install, once, but I don't recall what version,
and netbsd was still under active development at the time (3-4 years ago).
In those days, things weren't nearly as easy.

$.02 refunds available.

-Jon