Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:36:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ExpressCard

Greetings,

Just thought I'd let people know.  I recently purchased a Delkin eFilm
ExpressCard 34 since it copes with SDHC cards.  This is an ExpressCard
34mm wide and would fit into either the 54mm wide slot I have, or the
narrower 34mm slot popular on Apples.

This particular card happens to be USB based.  The ExpressCard stanard
allows both USB 2.0 and PCI Express cards.

Much to my pleasant surprise, it just worked.  I plugged it in and
that's all it took.  Well, that and loading umass.  I had looked high
and low in the Linux source tree for special code to enable it and
couldn't find it, so I thought 'why not buy something to test it out.'
Brad Davis was kind enough to send me some money so I could purchase
this card (and another).

The PCI Express based cards will be harder to support, since we need
to grow hot plug pcie support first...

Warner