Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:18:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RMS on UDI

> More than a little saddened and disillusioned by what has been going
> on lately, I thank you for listening to one last lamentation on my
> part about all of this.  If it ends up making absolutely no difference
> at all, I guess I can live with that too.

Jordan,

far be it for me to claim to be the silent majority, however I am sure
that many people who, like me, do not usually contribute much to the lists
will agree that you (plural) are doing a "kick-ass job" of promoting
FreeBSD and getting things done.

I don't like to just heap praise on you all the time and get branded as
someone who never does much for FreeBSD and just sits back and uses the
system, however that is pretty much what I do. (apart from the heaps of
praise anyway)

Rather than flood you with mail all the time saying what a great job you
are doing I prefer to just stay out of the way and let you get on with it.
However, rest assured that I am not alone, and a great many people (in my
ignorant and biased opionion) think that you are doing GREAT THINGS.

I don't like to let morale drop though and it sounds as though it is. Just
because we don't instantly jump on the thread and hurl abuse doesn't mean
that we don't wish it to stop. Usually hurling abuse just continues it :-)

I must agree with you though. This is a volunteer effort. Don't give
people who dedicate so much of their free time a hard time.

enough rambling, but don't be disheartened, I believe you are doing good
things and I'm not the only one.

Andrew Perry