Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:49:04 -0800
From:      Jose Borquez <bsdlists@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions group <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP MySQL extensions problem

Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Jose Borquez wrote:
>
>> Fatal error:* The required PHP MySQL extension is not
>> installed.Please take a look at http://www.php.net for more
>> information about installing this extension
>>
>> I did a pkg_info and it says I have php5-extensions-1.0 installed.  I
>> even uninstalled them and installed them again with no luck.  I went
>> to the php.net website, but found nothing on this problem.
>

> php5-extensions is designed for you to be able to choose amongst all of
> the available PHP extension modules.  It doesn't install anything much
> itself but it depends on ports that do install the modules, depending on
> what you select in the Options screen.
>
> Options are sticky, and you only get asked to set them the first time you
> install a port that uses them.  Run 'make config' for the port to change
> your initial selections.
>
>> Could someone please give me any pointers as to what I can do to
>> resolve this?
>

> Install the databases/php5-mysql port.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Matthew

OK, it looks like I am one step closer.  I installed php5-mysql and it
solved the previous problem.  Then I kept getting:
"Group-Office.php is writable please chmod 755 Group-Office.php and
change the ownership to any other user then the webserver user"
I did a chmod 755 Group-Office.php and changed ownership to root (I
didn't know who to give ownership to) and after I did that all I get now
is a blank screen on my browser.

What can I try next?  Could it still be a permissions issue on a directory?

Thanks in advance,
Jose