Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:00:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill <runfreebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ifconfig wi0 "10 number HEX key" arg ?

Hello Family,

I'm on a wifi network where all the other Unix(like) and Windows
laptops seem to be able to pass a "ten" (10) digit number as the
"hex" key.

In the "ifconfig" manpage for FreeBSD-6.1 it states, under the
stanza for "wepkey" that the number must be 5 or 13 chars long.

The number that is being used for the 10 digit key is:

        1466466946

So, I've tried numerous calc's to see if I can convert this to a
HEX, 5 or 13 char output and was wondering if I'm missing something.

Of course, when WEP is turned off the wireless nic works find.
Orinoco_Gold card.

TIA