Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:20:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD certified software (was: WordPerfect 8 for Linux)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Wes Peters wrote:
>
> >I initially proposed two logos, but apparently nobody saw that message.
> >The two logo programs are "Designed for FreeBSD" and "Works with FreeBSD."
>
> My cut on this is one logo. Works with FreeBSD.
>
> The process of "Work with" should be transparent to the end user. I
> believe Terry L. proposed simply using existing package dependencies
> system to determine if software uses the Linuxulator.
>
> Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
> Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/

A basic FreeBSD Compatible logo then?  Perhaps similar to the "Powered By
FreeBSD" logo for web pages, with the wording modified?

[ licia@o-o.org ]  [ http://www.o-o.org/ ]  [ IrcNick : Licia ]
[ A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/           ]
[ Why crawl through windows when you can walk through a door? ]
[ This user boycotts all Microsoft products and services      ]