Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 05:06:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bridging...

> I'm very interested in this as well, but I'm on 2.2.6.

i generally run -stable so that is not a problem.

> Is there some simple bridging SW? I didn't find anything in the

there is a 10mb-ony bridge code for a dedicated box on my page, or a
freebsd version of drawbridge on their site (forget the url).

> ports. If there is, what kind of HW do I need to support bridging at
> this speed? I don't need packet filtering and other firewall functions

nothing special (well, some cards have nice capabilities such as
sending an interrupt after the first part of the pkt arrived, so you
can start forwarding checks (and possibly the actual forwarding)
sooner,  but we are not talking about top performance, just something
that works.

	cheers
	luigi