Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:32:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        guilherm@arara.telebrasilia.gov.br
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: support for Sagem Cybermod

>From the keyboard of Guilherme Carvalho Chehab:

> > Another problem to solve would be PnP, personally i wait with this until
> > PnP becomes part of the FreeBSD kernel.
>
> Does the isapnptools (used on linux) work by any chance. The only problem
> with it is that it must be loaded before the driver try to initialize the
> board...

There are PnP tools available for FreeBSD, check the FreeBSD ftp site
int the incoming directory.

I run currently a PnP card in such a way, that this card is being initialized
by the BIOS, and i used the PnP tools to find out the parameters of the card
and used them hardcoded in a driver - not an elegant way, but it works
flawless.

> I am trying to get more detailed info. I discovered by some impressions on
> the board that it is manufactured in consortium with Dr Neuhaus. The name
> of the board sold under Neuhaus brand in Germany is: NICCY GO@,
> ISDN-Karte PnP (ISA-Bus).

Ok. I contacted Dr.Neuhaus today and they promised to send out the card-
specific tecnical docs to me, lets wait a bit.

As soon as i have something i'll contact you in private email.

> ps.: by the way, by with kernel version should I start to get the most
> current version of the ISDN drivers?

Please start with the bisdn found on hub.freebsd.org, when you have the
card probed and attached by bisdn it is very easy to integrate this code
into the upcoming isdn4bsd.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77