Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 06:24:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Re: F00F bug *fixed* in 2.0.x kernels

> It's a pity that Linus seems to be becoming less professional in his
> approach.  In that message, he reminded me more of a football hero
> hurling invective after a match.  Is this the price of fame?
>
> Greg

Maybe coming to America and getting alot of money had something to do with
it also.  Accomplishing what Linus did with linux took great individualism
and an iron will.  Out of his natural context, these traits can offend.
Sad to say, but America can sometimes bring out the worst in people.

Despite the fact that the segment violation scheme wasn't perfect, I think
it was actually quite a clever idea, considering the little information
that its inventor had to work with.

Charles Mott