Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:32:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, fullermd@linkfast.net (Matthew Fuller), jeroen@vangelderen.org (Jeroen C. van Gelderen), asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami), cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/tcsh - Imported sources

:> What do people think of adding this to the default .cshrc
:>
:>   bindkey ^W backward-delete-word
:
:YUCK!!
:
:> This makes input more consistent with the standard tty driver.
:> Instead of deleting the entire line, ^W just deletes the previous word.
:> I always end up having to do this.
:
:Control W is supposed to delete the line.  At least, that's how it's
:been for me, but I've been using tcsh since before FreeBSD. :)
:
:Nate

    Heh heh.  I'm used to ^W deleting a word.  Having it delete a whole line
    is kinda useless, there are a thousand other ways to do that (like
    hitting ^C, for example).  I always hate it when ^W in tcsh deletes the
    line but ^W in the tty line driver (type 'cat' or 'csh' and mess around
    with ^W) deletes only a word.

    I presume nobody has any complaints about putting the history bindings
    in:

	bindkey -k up history-search-backward
	bindkey -k down history-search-forward

					-Matt