Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:19:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        steve@visint.co.uk (Stephen Roome)
Cc:        ksmm@cybercom.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTC regulating use of registrations

Stephen Roome wrote:

> In other words, Harlem and LA may be bad, but I'd rather live in either of
> those two now than anywhere in the 15th Century.. especially as a serf,
> getting killed by unfair means then was probably the expected way to die!

	disease, malnutrition, little or no heat in winter,
	rotten food, bad water, no toilet facilites, no waste
	disposal system, plague....

	when it comes to killing people, people dont do as well as
	"mother nature".   imagine a future ebola or hant virus,
	that works more slowly yet retains its lethality and
	communicability.  (not that people have not tried the best
	that they could...).
jmb