Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:59:33 +0600 (ALMT)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        Tim Zingelman <zingelman@fnal.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, tokky@fdns.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3-BETA + smbfs -> panic: malloc: wrong bucket

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Tim Zingelman wrote:

> I'm getting this repeatedly on several machines... after mounting a smbfs
> then sitting idle for a while, just an ls -l on the fs causes the panic.

	Good. Hope this happens with 1.3.6. If not - please upgrade. Check
also if kernel and smbfs module built against the same source tree (eg, if
you upgrade kernel, smbfs module should be also rebuilded).

> I just built linux.ko with -g and tried to add-symbol-file it, but it made
> no difference... I'll install the new linux.ko in case that makes a
> difference, but it will probably be at least an hour before I get another
> crash...

	There is probably a how-to on debugging KLDs in the handbook (At
least I'm remember DES wrote it).

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/