Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 94 0:22:58 +2200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@wjw.iaehv.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   BusLogic BT 946 C frustrations

Hi,

I've run in sort of a limbo on getting FreeBSD installed on my new
system.
Problem:
	The boot process doesn't get beyond the boxed BusLogic boot message.
	It never makes it to the "press <ctrl>-B" stuff.
	[Which it does if I insert it in my 486dx66-PCI system.]

My system:
	Pentium 90 Mhz on a Side motherboard P54 SP
	   - Chipset: SIS 85C50{1,2,3}
	   - Bios: Award modular v4.50G
	32 Mb RAM
	standard multio I/O controller with IDE still on and a
	540 Mb WD caviar connected.

What have I done:
	Tried the BusLogic in all slots.
	fumbling with the auto settings on the slots (Auto->A)
	changed the interrupt on the controller (on my 486DX66) from 14 to 11

But all this has failed. Can anybody please help me get further so I can get
my FreeBSD 2.0 back again?

Thanx,
	Willem Jan Withagen
--
Stichting Internet Access Eindhoven,  voice: +31-40-438330, data: +31-40-439436
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands