Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2018 22:32:40 +0200
From:      Matthias Suess <suessmat@gmx.de>
To:        Philipp Vlassakakis <freebsd-en@lists.vlassakakis.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Package installation under Freebsd Release 10.2

For sure:

root@free1:~# pkg update
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]:y/N
Bootstrapping pkg from
pkg+httpd://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:amd64/quarterly please wait
Verifying signature with trusted certificate
pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done
Installing pkg-1.10.5_3...
Newer FreeBSD version for package pkg:
To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes
- package: 1004000
- running kernel: 1002000
Allow missmatch now?[Y/n]: n