Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:47:18 +1000
From:      "Paul Fraser" <pfraser@gmail.com>
Subject:   isc-dhcp3-server in a jail?

Hi all,

I'm playing around a bit with jails here, and have decided to try and
set one up to run simply the "essential" network services - namely
bind and dhcpd. I've managed to get bind working fine within the jail
I've set up, but damned if I can get dhcpd to.

Here's what's happening:

I've build dhcpd with support for sockets, as required to run in a
jail. I've then specified in rc.conf I want dhcpd to start and to
listen on interface re0 (the Realtek Gig-E card in the jail host).

I start dhcpd (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd start;) and get the following:

Starting dhcpd.
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.5
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.
Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.
Wrote 0 leases to leases file.
Listening on Socket/re0/192.168.72/24
Sending on Socket/re0/192.168.72/24

Now that does appear to be the correct network, but when I try and
obtain a lease on any client machines on this network, I fail.

Can anybody offer any insight into this?

--
Regards,

Paul Fraser
http://furyc0de.net/