Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 17:04:52 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual P6 motherboard

Hi,

> Does anyone know anything about whether the Gigabyte dual Pro motherboard
> would be OK to run FreeBSD on? The chipset is the i400FX, which is supposed
> to be like that on the Intel Venus. I was planning to use it with two Pro
> 150s.

no reports yet, but I suspect it would be fine.  If my budget could
afford  a P6 that would be my choice.  I currenly own the GA586DX and
am very happy with it.

---
> (Also, what are my options for running SMP, without an net connection?)

by this do you mean options for acquiring the source?
if so, at present cvsup and CTM are the only methods for acquiring
the source that I am aware of.

---
redirect further inquiries to smp@freebsd.org

web page: