Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:15:33 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kernel printf %i?

* Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org> [000710 17:49] wrote:
> > * Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org> [000710 17:17] wrote:

> > > Can you give me a good reason for it?  To act like the libc printf() isn't
> > > a good reason, I mean do you think it will actually help anyone in ways
> > > that %d doesn't?  Are you noticing tons of submissions of kernel code that
> > > have %i and don't work correctly or something?
> > >
> > > I just don't get it :-/
> >
> > I was annoyed when I used %i and it didn't work.  POLA.
>
> Can I have %Z?  It should take an integer argument, and print that many
> 'fnord's.  Thankyou.

Sure, do you want it as a seperate commit or can I bundle it with the
'i' addition? :)

Basically what I'm getting is that %i isn't portable over to other
systems?

In that case I guess it's not needed, I just expected %i to work as
it does in libc.  But if you need that %Z hack, I can have a delta
ready for you to review in a couple of minutes.

let me know,
-Alfred