Date:      Sat, 25 May 1996 14:19:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Bill Crosbie <crosbie@AESOP.RUTGERS.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS version question

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Bill Crosbie wrote:

> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/docs/handbook.ps
>
> When I ran it through Acrobat Distiller 2.1,  I received the message:
> =============================
> Distilling: handbook.ps
> Source:t:\common\e-reserv\in-eps\handbook.ps
> Desitination:t:\common\e-reserv\out-pdf\handbook.pdf
> Start Time: Friday, May 24, 1996 at 6:08AM (time set wrong :)
> %%[Error: invalidfileaccess; Offending Command: definefont]%%
>
> Stack:
> /Font
> -dict-
> -dict-

I checked and the file was a long outdated version that must have
come from an old backup.  I've put a new version there new.  Try
it out.  If it still doesn't work, y suspicion is that it may be
getting tripped up by bitmap fonts that are getting thrown in by
dvips.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================