Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:08:17 -0600
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        dg@root.com, Donald Burr <dburr@colossus.dyn.ml.org>, richard@pegasus.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Olympus D600L Digital Camera?

Nate Williams wrote:

> > >[ Scanner software ]
> > >
> > >What I meant was image manipulation/cataloging software.  I've got a
> > >scanner that works under FreeBSD already, but I've found that almost
> > >*every* image that I want to keep that I've taken with my camera needs
> > >touch-ups.  I can't do that w/any software available in FreeBSD.
> >
> >    Neither xv nor xpaint are useful to you?
>
> Not nearly as much so as the software provided with the camera.
>
> Nate
I recommend that you give the GIMP a try from
/usr/ports/graphics/gimp-devel
on current it compiles and runs right out-of-the-box.  IMHO It is as
good as
anything in window$ and a lot better than most.

You might want to start at http://www.gimp.org

provecho

ed

P.D.  If you're not up to date on current, I am referring to version
0.99.18.