Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 1997 18:34:03 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Jacques Vidrine <nectar@NECTAR.COM>, Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>, "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Out of Box experience (Was: Re: How is selection made of what goes into CDrom?)

> Has anyone ever looked into the QNX micro-gui (or whatever they call it
> these days) stuff??

Yes.  I regularly give copies of the IAT to people that want a
single-disk web browsing solution.  It rocks.  But...

> I wonder if QNX would *ever* consider donating the tools to FreeBSD
> in return for a "QNX ad" at the start up of the install? I doubt
> it, but they are less and less "competition" all the time.

Sure.  But someone in the company is going to say "We spent a lot of
money developing this. Why should we give it away?"

> I know
> someone who works there, I'll give him a call and run the idea by him.
> At the very least, I'm going to see how much they charge, and if
> they have a royalty free license, which I'm sure they do. Man it would
> make such a kick-ass FreeBSD installer!!  :-)

I don't believe that the source for Photon is available.  And it
doesn't run on TVI925's.  8)

mike