Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 10:17:02 +0100
From:      "Karl-Heinz Kuhn t2150" <Karl-Heinz.Kuhn@biologie.uni-regensburg.de>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   (Fwd) login fails with FreeBSSD1.1  (CD-ROM June 1994)

From:          Self <ALF1/KUHN>
To:            FreeBSD-quesstionss@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:       login fails with FreeBSSD1.1  (CD-ROM June 1994)
Date:          Mon, 15 May 1995 09:57:27

Dear FreeBSD crew or Walnut Creek crew,

this weekend I bought the FreeBSD 1.1 CD-ROM (June 1994).
Installation on an own partition  worked without any problem,
however, after rebooting I was not able to login.

As stated in the appropriate file on the CD-ROM I tried to
login as "user" (without "") and as a password I used "root".
FreeBSD's answer: login incorrect.

Can you help me?

(I want to use FreeBSD to become more familiar with UNIX.
I thought FreeBSD would be a good and not expensive start.
The computer I installed FreeBSD 1.1 does not have connection
to any network.)

Thank You,
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Karl-Heinz Kuhn

Karl-Heinz.Kuhn@biologie.uni-regensburg.de