Date:      Mon, 05 May 1997 10:02:36 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Scott Stafford <staffs@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: g++

Scott Stafford wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The computer system at my college runs version 4.4 of the ULTRIX operating
> system.  Is freeBSD comparable to this system?

Both Ultrix and FreeBSD are from the BSD branch of UNIX. ULTRIX is *old*
(mostly follows 4.2 and a little of 4.3 BSD if I have my UNIX taxonomy
correct here), while FreeBSD is based on the last 4.4BSD-Lite (3.0, on
Lite2) releases. Basically, if you know Ultrix well you shouldn't have
much trouble with FreeBSD.

> I am interested in using this OS to save me the trouble of logging in and
> tying up a phone line whenever I need to compile a program.
>
> My second Question would be, does it have g++?

Yes.

> This is what I use to compile with.
>
> Thank you for your time.
> Scott Stafford