Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:12:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win32-Client for Secure Filetransfer (encrypted connection)

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Ol.i  Th.uns wrote:

> I'm looking for a free secure 'file-transfer' client for win32. I want
> to login as root and upload files, but I don't want to send my root
> password (and the files) over a unsecured channel.

You allow root to log in via FTP? Why not use a normal account then
manually mv the files from a su'd account?

(Of course there is still the problem of clear text root passwords being
captured in your telnet when you su... or do you log in as root via telnet

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/
Sensation Internet Services                    http://www.sensation.net.au/