Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 17:28:17 -0400
From:      Travis Mikalson <bofh@TerraNova.net>
To:        marcin@v-m.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Scripts and Programs

Marcin Pasek wrote:
> When runnig the program written in C I compile that code using CC and
> then to run it I have to type in ./a.out  ?  Why do I have to do it this
> way why I can't execute the program like on my normal Unix Account just
> by typing in the a.out ...????

Well if you compile something with an output file specified (i.e cc -o
hello hello.c) you wont have a.out
Second, the current directory (.) is not in the path by default for
security reasons.

> One more question....I would like to run a specific program every 30
> minutes is there a easy way to do this in FreeBsd OS?

man crontab

This is the wrong list.. freebsd-questions would be more appropriate.

Travis
--
TerraNovaNet Internet Services - Key Largo, FL