Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 1995 17:54:54 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        taob@io.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: workman 1.3... no joy  :(

 * building it.  On the first try, it said it couldn't find XView.prog
 * during the xmkmf, so Gary Palmer sent me his.  It built the binary,

Sorry, this problem has been corrected since.

 * but if I try to run it, I get "XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file
 * number" repeated six times and then a segfault.  The windows appears
 * briefly on screen before disappearing.

I haven't seen anything like that, and I use workman every day.  Hmm.
Do other xview clients work?

 * On a side note, the workman port though I had xview installed even
 * though I had just deleted it:

This is because there is no equivalent of "-m" to ldconfig for
deleting libraries.  Known problem, with no cure in sight. :<

Satoshi