Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 1996 07:00:25 +1100
From:      davidn@sdev.usn.blaze.net.au (David Nugent)
To:        jack@diamond.xtalwind.net (jack)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hacker dinner report...

--VgGw2x6xwZIg34kO

jack writes:
> > So does this mean the food would have to be made outside of the US,
> > then sent to the US, and then SFTP'd to all those German hackers?
>
> No.  Controlled foods originating in and destined for North America would
> use DES all others would use international PGP.  That allows for DoD
> controls over the foods that it has classified as munitions.  Just think
> of the danger to national security if a Swiss hacker were to get some
> cheese, or an order of borst were to end up in Russia.

Damn. Which of course means that the Americans can't exchange food
with the rest of the world unless they get an export license.

> > Do they have pizza in Germany?  ;)
> I wouldn't know.

Of COURSE they do! Otherwise programmers would have migrated from
there long since, having no material for basic subsistance.

> > (Not to neglect the Australian who started this, I think)
>
> As I understand it all, border routers are being programmed to block
> any packets containing vegamite.

That's vegEmite, of you don't mind! :-)

And I'd definitely call that a prejudice, so I'm not going to
send you any shimps for the barby (does anyone "chuck a shrimp
on the barby"? Never heard of barbequed shrimp myself ;-)).

Cheers,

David Nugent, Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-791-9547 Data/BBS +61-3-792-3507 3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn

--VgGw2x6xwZIg34kO

--VgGw2x6xwZIg34kO--