Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 16:22:07 +1000
From:      Bernd Groh <bgroh@redhat.com>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvsweb.cgi: minor bug report

Hi there,

just a minor bug to report. I'm running Red Hat Linux 8.0 and my httpd
version is 2.0.40-11.3.

If within a cvs-directory, I do not have read-permissions on any files
(though this directory contains files), $where appears to result in
being "empty" (not if tested, but empty anyhow?), which results in
following error message:

''Error: Failed to spawn GNU rlog on "/home/cvs/module//Module.pm,v,
/home/cvs/module//Makefile.PL,v, /home/cvs/module//README,v,
/home/cvs/module//MANIFEST,v".

Did you set the $command_path in your configuration file correctly ?
(Currently "/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin"''

I guess it would be better in that case to output something like: "Note:
You do not appear to have read-permissions to any files within this
directory", after listing any readable sub-directories (if any).

If you change line 2111 (temporarily of course) to:

	my ($DirName) = "$cvsroot";#/$where";

the site is being displayed correctly, without any error-message (files
or directories I don't have read-access to are simply not shown).

Testing for $where doesn't seem to work though? I'd spend some more time
on it, if I would have some at the moment, but I guess I'd need to get
much more into this script than I have time for at the moment,
unfortunately.

Hope you know what the problem could be.

Thanks,
Bernd

--
Disclaimer: http://apac.redhat.com/disclaimer