Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:38:00 -0500
From:      "Brandon DeYoung" <brandon@schoolpeople.net>
To:        "FreeBSDHW" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RAID & FreeBSD

    Is there a "best" RAID solution for Free BSD?
    I just set up two new database servers and like a true coward installed
Linux on them (RedHat 6.1 using software RAID). I did this because it
appears that the only hardware controllers supported by Free BSD are DPT's
SmartRAID I-IV which, though available, don't appear to be manufactured any
longer. Is there a software RAID option for FreeBSD that I was unable to
find?
    Any and all suggestions and experiences anyone is willing to share would
be greatly appreciated.

~Brandon