Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:52:53 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble with PCMCIA running 4.4-RELEASE or 5.0-CURRENT on Tecra 8000

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 07:43:00PM -0500, Bernie Doehner wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to get 4.4-RELEASE or 5.0-CURRENT (I don't really care which one)
> running on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop, but Toshiba in their infinite
> wisdom seems to have forced all devices to use IRQ 11 (which the
> latest BIOS reports are the "PCI IRQ").

This should not be a problem.

> Under Windows most devices report using irq 11, including PCMCIA, video
> (which they also do in the FreeBSD dmesg below).
>
> This breaks the PCMCIA driver in 4.4-RELEASE and 5.0-CURRENT (default

I don't think so.  All devices on my Toshiba Satellite are hooked to
IRQ 11 and *everything* works.  Mr. Losh added PCI routing capability
in 4.4-PRERELEASE.  My system was functional with the new PC card code
before 4.4-REL.

> installation). I have tried various changes, such as using polled mode
> for the PCMCIA driver (under BSD), and the closest I got my
> Xircom 10/100 PCMCIA ethernet card to work is getting the card to transmit
> (and actualy got the transmit done interrupt), but no receipt interrupt.

I would look for support problems with your specific Xircom card.

> pcic0: <Toshiba ToPIC97 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 11 at device 11.0 on pci0
> pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x44000000
> pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
> pci_cfgintr_linked: linked (61) to hard-routed irq 11
> pci_cfgintr: 0:11 INTB routed to irq 11
> pcic1: <Toshiba ToPIC97 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 11 at device 11.1 on pci0
> pcic1: PCI Memory allocated: 0x44001000
> pccard1: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic1

This looks similar to my dmesg other than my device being the ToPIC100.

> pccard: card inserted, slot 1

Is this all that is logged when you insert your card?

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html